John Ronald Cunningham Trust Fund
GUILDHALL, CONWY LL32 8LD.
The Memorial Fund was set up under the terms of the Will of the late John Ronald Cunningham who lived in Conwy, and it was his wish that the proceeds of his bequest should be used for the benefit of the people of Conwy. This includes persons who are undertaking full time education or employment outside the Conwy Town Council Area, but whose normal place of residence is within the area of the Conwy Town Council, namely Conwy, Deganwy or Llandudno Junction.
06.04.2020 The John Ronald Cunningham Memorial Fund (JRCMF) - Grant Applications – Covid-19 on Behalf of the Trustees:
“It is with much regret that due to the current situation with regards to Covid-19 the Trustees of the (JRCMF) have had to temporarily suspended all meetings until further notice.
The Trustees of the (JRCMF) would like to send out their sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. However, they would like to reassure all those that have made recent grant applications for grant funding that their applications will be looked at as a priority when the Trustees next meet.
The Trustees of the (JRCMF) would like to extend their best wishes to the Community and to extend a huge heartfelt THANK YOU to all those front-line workers helping to keep the country going. Please stay safe and well during these unprecedented times.”
Applications for grants are suspended at the moment due to legal technicalities.
1) The John Ronald Cunningham Memorial Fund has been set up for the benefit of the inhabitants of the area served by Conwy Town Council (which includes Conwy, Deganwy and Llandudno Junction) for any of the following purposes:
- The relief of sickness and the preservation and protection of good health;
- The relief of persons who are aged, disabled or infirm;
- The advancement of education in such ways as are charitable at law;
- Any other charitable purpose for the benefit of the general public.
2) Applications will be determined by the Trustees of the John Ronald Cunningham Memorial Fund at meetings to be held twice a year, namely September and March each year. The deadline dates for applications are 31st August for the September meeting and 28th February for the March meeting.
3) The Trustees have decided to make an award/s to one or more persons/group/organisation, and the amounts awarded will be at the absolute discretion of the Trustees, however, grants will range from £100.00 to £1,000 as the Trustees may decide.
4) Unless otherwise stated, only one application may be submitted in a 12 month period.
5) An application shall include a letter of support from a School / College / Doctor / Social Worker/ or Secretary/Treasurer of Organisation. If a grant is given to a Club, Group or Organisation a copy of a recent bank statement and accounts will be required.
6) Any further background information that could be of assistance to the Trustees in assessing the application should be sent with the completed form.
7) Applications will be accepted only on the form provided and lobbying of Trustees of the Memorial Fund will not be permitted.
8) All grants may only be used for the purpose stated on the application form and are not subject to any revision during the year.
9) The Trustees reserve the right to recover any unspent grant
Please click here to dowload the Application form.